Mastodon

Sunday 19 August 2012

The joys of technet

Thanks to the wonders of a Technet subscription and a new computer I've been having a play with VirtualBox at home. While certainly more basic than VMWare or Hyper-V it does the job, I think it's easier to use than VMWare and of course Hyper-V won't run on Windows 7.

I'm definitely very tempted by Windows 8 since that includes Hyper-V Client, though due to the train reck that is the Metro interface I may well stick with this if it continues to do what I need, especially if the reviews of the latest release preview turn out to be accurate.

Perhaps it's sad, but I'm actually looking forward to being able to play with various things at home. All those things that have caught my interest, that I fancy looking at, but which have no justification to spend time looking at while at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment